The “Young Leaders” Program is the flagship program of the France China Foundation.
Each year, a selection committee selects around 40 French and Chinese people from 25 to 45 years old who will play an important role in the Sino-French relationship due to their leadership and achievements.
The selected candidates participate in two 4-day seminars, alternately organised in France and China in a city chosen for its particularly interesting political, economic or cultural heritage.
Each seminar includes discussion sessions related to current issues in both countries, meetings with prominent figures, and visits to significant industrial, political and cultural centers.
The main purpose of the “Young Leaders” Program is to strengthen links between participants and encourage future exchanges and joint projects.
The next “Young Leaders” Program of the France China Foundation will be held in France in the autumn of 2017. This year, 10 Chinese “Young Leaders” and 10 French “Young Leaders” will be selected.
The selection process is now closed.
But if you are interested or know a candidate whose profile might be of interest to the France China Foundation for 2018 class, please send an application to: Beatrice d’Estienne d’Orves – Secretary General France: email@example.com
Applications should be written in French, English or Chinese, and include:
– a biography (with date of birth)
– a cover letter
– an ID photo
An independent selection is made by the Selection Committee of the France China Foundation.
Specific criteria to be met by the candidates:
1. be younger than 45 years old (on the day of application)
2. be fluent in English
3. have a recognized record of extraordinary achievement in their area of expertise, a proven track record of substantial leadership experience, as well as a clear indication of playing a substantial role in their country, and in particular in Sino-French relations
4. have demonstrated a commitment to serve society through outstanding contributions
Criteria related to diversity:
5. in its choices, the Selection Committee seeks a balanced representation of the sectors from which the “Young Leaders” originate:
– one third from the political, administrative and military sector
– one third from the business world, notably the entrepreneurship sector
– one third from the arts, the media, Research and associations
6. social diversity will also be sought, as well as female/male parity